[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Feeding the swans

Feeding the swans

Please introduce yourself and make yourself at home.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Re: Feeding the swans

Postby JaneJ » 03 Aug 2014, 11:35

Still keeping my fingers crossed he is ok. If he had an infection he could be kept until the antibiotics work so could be a t least a week.
JaneJ

Postby maureenho » 03 Aug 2014, 16:35

Lets hope you will soon hear some news about them.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 03 Aug 2014, 18:49

I have had  several replies, she has been spotted today with the 4 cygnets, but no news re cob as yet
annie

Postby wendy » 03 Aug 2014, 21:00

I wonder if you could phone the RSPCA tomorrow or tweet the local newspaper to ask them if they know anything.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 12 Aug 2014, 19:48

We walked down the canal this afternoon, when there was a lull in the rain & we managed to get there and back without getting soaked & the sun  even came out, but that wind is still a bit on the wild side.

Sadly  there is still no news of the swan cob, but we were delighted to see the pen and cygnets, sat in the middle of the towpath as large as life. She jumped in the water & zoomed over to us as soon as she saw up & 3 cygnets followed her but the other one just waddled over to us & stood only a foot away waiting patiently for some food.

As soon as we began to feed them,  a load od ducks tried to muscle in, we counted 21 in all but the pen did a good job of fending them off, hissing at them and lungin at them, it was so funny.
The cygnets are almost full size now & have most of their feathers, they are 12 weeks old

annie

Postby maureenho » 12 Aug 2014, 21:22

They have grown so quick,  I enjoy reading the update on the Cygnets.
Hope there is soon some news on the Swan Cob.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 12 Aug 2014, 21:36

thank you so much for sharing all the photos with us.
it cheers me so much, but sad that there is no news about the cob.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 23 Aug 2014, 16:06

The cygnets are now 14 weeks & are as big as the pen. They have all their feathers now & are beginning to turn white under their wings

She's gorgeous and she knows it!!!

annie

Postby wendy » 23 Aug 2014, 16:10

really beautiful,
thank you ever so much for sharing with us.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 23 Aug 2014, 17:08

The photo of the Swan alone is brilliant Annie.  o904

My goodness they have grown so much.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rosalind » 23 Aug 2014, 17:19

Great photos Annie  ju098
Rosalind

Postby Misspears » 23 Aug 2014, 18:39

The photos are lovely Annie  tha22222
Misspears

Postby annie » 21 Sep 2014, 12:13

annie

Postby maureenho » 21 Sep 2014, 13:06

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 04 Oct 2014, 19:59

Had a wonderful surprise when I went for my sojourn down the canal today.  Large as life on the tow path sat our pen with a cob, don't know whether it was our cob returned by RSPCA or another cob who has claimed her, ( never found out what happened with the dead swan, no-ne seems to know) The cob seems like ours as he is  really grumpy & reluctant to let anyone pass!!the cygnets were enjoying a sail on their own & half their feathers are  now white, they are now 21 weeks old & ready to fledge
I walked on  a while and I saw the other family ( been missing at least 6 weeks) , but they only had 3 cygnets, so they must have lost another 2 sadly.

Look at him - all puffed up& ready to hiss at me!! - she just wanted feeding!!
annie

Postby maureenho » 04 Oct 2014, 21:33

Thanks Annie, I enjoy reading updates and seeing the photos of the Swans  ju098
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rosalind » 04 Oct 2014, 21:34

Great photos Annie, tha22222
Rosalind

Postby wendy » 05 Oct 2014, 09:04

thank you Ann.  these photos are lovely
don't forget that the rspca man told me that the cob would be returned.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaneJ » 05 Oct 2014, 10:43

Thank you Annie for the pictures.

i really look forward to these and your updates.

Nature is cruel isn't it. So sad they have to lose they little ones.

Looking for ward to the next update.

xxx
JaneJ

Postby annie » 18 Dec 2014, 16:22

Had a lovely long walk down the canal on Tuesday, it was teeming with life, there were around 30 mallard ducks, a lone Muscovy duck - enormous thing - almost the size of a goose,( unfortunately, he was on the opposite bank, not close enough to get a picture of him, he is very striking!),a family of coots, & on the bank a tiny robin and a 6 magpies. Not forgetting of course, my pair of swans. He is back in fine fettle & they look like they have settled back with us for the winter.

Well, folks, I hoped to share my latest photos of the swans, as I now have my photstream back, , however, even though I have the pictures set as public, it won't let me use the Bb code & says the use of it is restricted, I am not best pleased!!!!
annie

Postby Misspears » 18 Dec 2014, 16:53

What a shame Hope to see the photos soon Annie
Misspears

Postby wendy » 18 Dec 2014, 17:01

I am looking forward to seeing the photos,. this has been a special journey for us.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 18 Dec 2014, 18:08

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 18 Dec 2014, 18:34

are you saying the code does not work in Chill, because it should be ok.
There is an option to disable it when you post.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 18 Dec 2014, 18:41

Thanks Mo, will try on firefox later, not tonight though.
Wendy, the problem is not with chill it is with Flickr
annie

PreviousNext

Return to Anything About You and your Pictures