Trip to Loch Lomond on the Northern Belle

Please introduce yourself and make yourself at home.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Trip to Loch Lomond on the Northern Belle

Postby Rosalind » 18 Jul 2015, 22:18

I have just received my tickets today for me and my friend Pauline's trip to Loch Lomond. We leave Newcastle next Saturday at 8.25am and have brunch on the way up to Loch Lomond. We arrive at Helensburgh Upper station at 1.30pm and we are taken by coach to the Balloch Centre, then a cruise on Loch Lomond and a visit to the village of Luss. The we are taken back to the train and we then have a four course dinner with wine. We leave Helensburgh Upper station at 6pm and arrive back in Newcastle at 9.45pm. This is the last part of my 60th birthday celebrations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosalind

Re: Trip to Loch Lomond on the Northern Belle

Postby wendy » 19 Jul 2015, 08:16

How lovely
It looks great enjoy every minute
Xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 19 Jul 2015, 09:32

That looks wonderful Rosalind, enjoy and have a fantastic time.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 19 Jul 2015, 10:54

Sounds great, hope you enjoy!!!
annie

Postby wendy » 19 Jul 2015, 11:48

and I forgot to thank you for starting a new topic
xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rosalind » 28 Jul 2015, 17:17

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Lock Lomond on the Northern Belle. There was 125 people got on at Newcastle, the train had picked up at Darlington and Durham before us. We left Newcastle at 8.30am, we were served brunch, which consisted of a bucks fizz, fruit cocktail, a crumpet with scrambled on it and topped of with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. Finishing off with Danish pasteries, butter and preserves, then a choice of tea or coffee. We finished our brunch by 10.30am, at 12.30pm the staff put a fork and spoon in front of us, followed by a bowl. We could not decide what we were having, we were then served, haggis, tatties and nepes, it was very tasty. We arrived at Helensburgh Upper station at 1.30pm and transferred to coaches. We were taken to Balloch pier and got on our boat to cruise across the Loch to the village of Luss. We passed Loch Lomond golf course and apparently the fees for a year there are £66,000. The weather was lovely, sunny with a breeze, which we did not mind.
We got off at the village of Luss and had a look around this quaint village, we then travelled to a shopping centre at Loch Lomond shores, Pauline and I had a cuppa, then looked around the market that was outside.
We were then taken back to the train, which had gone into Glasgow for servicing and it had rained the whole time they were there, so we had been lucky. We left Helensburgh Upper station at 6pm, we stood in the sunshine waiting for the train to arrive.
We started our dinner with champagne, we had chosen a chardonnay to go with our meal, with water as well. We had orderves, then fish, followed by chicken with guinea fowl on a bed of peas in a rich gravy and accompanied by new potatoes. Then there was a choice of cheese with biscuits and chutney, Pauline and I declined, as we wanted to save ourselves for dessert. The dessert was white chocolate cheesecake, topped with strawberries, then there was a choice of tea or coffee. We all received a box which held 4 chocolate truffles. We arrived back at Newcastle at 9.40pm
We had a marvellous day and really enjoyed it, a good time was had by all.
Rosalind

Postby maureenho » 28 Jul 2015, 17:25

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 28 Jul 2015, 17:45

glad you had such a great time.
so special
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 28 Jul 2015, 17:53

I am so pleased to read this.xx
annie

Postby JaneJ » 28 Jul 2015, 18:22

Sounds absolutely amazing. What a wonderful experience.

Xx
JaneJ

Return to Anything About You and your Pictures