[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Go Go Dragons Parade in Norwich has started !!!

Go Go Dragons Parade in Norwich has started !!!

Please introduce yourself and make yourself at home.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Go Go Dragons Parade in Norwich has started !!!

Postby chenrezig » 21 Jun 2015, 16:31

Here we go folks ... the first pics of the Norwich Dragons!

The first one is No. 1 on the dragon trail and is located near St Peter Mancroft church (at the west end, near the City Hall. It is sponsored by the Dinosaur Park at Weston Longville in Norfolk and is covered in dinosaurs.

The detail shows a comet that is supposed to have "wiped" out the dinosaurs..

and one of a dinosaur -perhaps there is a Jurassic expert out there who can tell us what it is ???

PS - It might take me a while, but I will post as many pics as I can, but I think getting all 84 will be a bit much expecially as some are way out of the city centre, but I will do my best folks !
chenrezig

Re: Go Go Dragons Parade in Norwich has started !!!

Postby chenrezig » 21 Jun 2015, 16:36

The next is No 2 on the trail .. "McFly" who is located in front of Norwich's City Hall - I did try to get the clock tower at the opposite end of City Hall to the dragon in as it fitted with the dragon but the dragon was a bit too close to City Hall to get the angle right ..

Think "Back to the Future" ...

chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 21 Jun 2015, 16:41

... and No. 3 on the trail .. called "Sunbeam" and located just behind City Hall at the St Giles end ...

PS If you would like to have a bit of fun and join in .. here is a link to the trail map so you can check them off as they are posted http://gogodragons.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... JUNE_2.pdf
chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 21 Jun 2015, 16:46

Number 4 .... and is called "Ascalon". This is one of the seven special "Heritage Dragons" on the trail. It stands just outside Norwich's Guildhall .. I will have to try and get a more detailed one to add that shows all the textured flints on the dragon

chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 21 Jun 2015, 16:54

No. 5 "Georgeous George The Beast of Beeston" and on Gaol Hill - note the Union Jack eyeballs !

I will post some more tomorrow ... I found 13 dragons today and that was just wandering back to my bus stop to come home ... My fav so far is the one in the Royal Arcade as it has lots of Art Nouveau decoration on it based on the designs in the Royal Arcade itself - I just have to get another one of it as when I got homeO could see a rather large lady was walking past behind it ib a bright coat !
chenrezig

Postby Honey » 21 Jun 2015, 21:27

tha22222
lovely photos
Honey

Postby annie » 22 Jun 2015, 12:56

Wonderful to see tha22222
annie

Postby JaneJ » 22 Jun 2015, 14:56

Wow they are amazing
JaneJ

Postby wendy » 22 Jun 2015, 15:10

We are so lucky to have you with us Liz.
Thank you so much.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 22 Jun 2015, 15:29

I enjoy sharing these with you as I know quite a few of you enjoy crafting of various types - loads of inspiration from these...

I now have about 30 dragons photos and now off to have tea, I will post some more after tea.

I have taken videos of one or two now as two I saw today have so much detail on them I don't think pics really do them justice

xx Liz
chenrezig

Postby Rosalind » 22 Jun 2015, 16:32

23m great photos Liz, I would love to visit the Dragon Parade.
Rosalind

Postby chenrezig » 22 Jun 2015, 18:13

Another two dragons for you...

The first is called Norwich Twilight and is at the back of Norwich Market - painted in dusk light, it has floodlit buildings on it - to the left is Norwich Castle, and to the right, The Forum which houses Norwich's main library

The second is called "Bling" and covered in "jewels" -it is in one of the stalls on the market -it is just next door to the wool stall - they were sworn to secrecy as it was unloaded lol

chenrezig

Postby Rosalind » 22 Jun 2015, 18:26

I love a bit of bling sp0
Rosalind

Postby chenrezig » 26 Jun 2015, 16:48

Me too - if they weren't short-sighted when they started Bling, bet they were when they finished !

PS Dragon Tally to date is 53 out if 84 (counting it as 54 but I forgot to take a note of one of the letters on a dragon, but that one is in the City Centre so that will be quick to get. So 30 to go .................

I will try and get cracking on posting some more pics tomorrow ...
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 26 Jun 2015, 17:28

Thank you very much
This is wonderful
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 29 Jun 2015, 07:30

for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rosalind » 29 Jun 2015, 07:43

As long as he is not a fire breathing Dragon Wendy do877 .
Rosalind

Postby annie » 29 Jun 2015, 08:26

I love Bling! tha22222
annie

Postby chenrezig » 29 Jun 2015, 18:27

But late, but here are some more dragons for you …

Horatio is on Quayside, not that far from what was my great-granny’s house (no 29)

Steam is near the entrance to the Bishops Palace

chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 29 Jun 2015, 18:27

Crypto is just outside Norwich’s Puppet Theatre and is one of the 7 Heritage Dragons that are themed around Norwich’s history

Drewscilla is in the grounds of the Great Hospital (the hospital dates back to around 1200’s

I am up to 55 dragons now .. I will try and get some more pics posted tomorrow
chenrezig

Postby Rosalind » 29 Jun 2015, 18:47

Great photos Liz tha22222 .
Rosalind

Postby wendy » 30 Jun 2015, 07:21

I like the Nelson one.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Anything About You and your Pictures