Additional stress

Moderator: Global Moderator

Additional stress

Postby annie » 19 Dec 2015, 11:23

Got a phone call from Fairfield Hospital pharmacy at Bury yesterday ( Bill get his ketamine prescription from the pain clinic there and he has a rolling 6 months prescript that I collect monthly).

2 shocks followed .

First of all, his consultant Dr Gregson had died suddenly, he was only in his early 50s & a fantastic Dr & support for us both. Secondly, she told me the rules regarding the ketamine had now changed & it was now a controlled drug & his present prescription, which still has 2 months supply left on it is no longer valid, because it can now only be prescribed on a monthly basis.

This leaves Bill in right mess, no DR and no prescription, & he will run out over the Christmas & new year period. I rang the pain clinic secretary & she, had only just received the news herself & had no idea what would happen re Bill & the other consultant is at Rochdale an hour and a half away from us. Also a new consultant will probably be unlikely to prescribe such a dangerous drug without seeing him, & how long will a new apt take. What a dilemma !!

On top of that I got a letter form the OT dept re my hand therapy this am,, I thought, good, that probably means I will be seen this week for my splints, but no, it was a 2 page questionnaire, that has to be sent back, within 2 weeks or they will presume I no longer require their help & once returned they will contact me with an appt , so that is going to be January . Grhhh!!!
annie

Re: Additional stress

Postby wendy » 19 Dec 2015, 12:30

so sorry to read this.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 19 Dec 2015, 16:10

Oh Annie what a worry and so sad about doctor, not a good time of year to get anything done either for Bill or yourself.

h###u h###u h###u
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rosalind » 19 Dec 2015, 17:39

Sorry to hear your stressing news Annie, hope it gets sorted out quickly for you both.
Rosalind

Postby Honey » 21 Dec 2015, 02:00

So sorry to read this Annie
Hope all is resolved quickly for you both.x
Honey

Return to When life gets tough and GOOD NEWS