Please keep your fingers crossed ..

Moderator: Global Moderator

Please keep your fingers crossed ..

Postby chenrezig » 24 Jul 2015, 16:03

I have just had three more lots looking round the flat I currently rent. One played his cards very close to his chest and I didn't entirely trust, another seemed to be tut tutting at the heating etc -it was the lady who was with him who wanted to buy (for all I know it could be an act?)

The third one, was a second viewing ... he was the gent who came round with a lady and a gorgeous little three month baby called Harry who was a delight... he came round with his father this time and wanted to know did I still want to stay if he bought it, the answer was yes of course, but that depends on the rent ...

Keeping my fingers crossed ...

Liz xx
chenrezig

Re: Please keep your fingers crossed ..

Postby Rosalind » 24 Jul 2015, 16:37

That sounds hopeful Liz, will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Rosalind

Postby maureenho » 24 Jul 2015, 16:46

That sounds promising Liz someone wanting to buy to rent, keeping fingers crossed for you.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 24 Jul 2015, 17:01

Hope it works out for you Liz.
annie

Postby Honey » 25 Jul 2015, 00:52

keeping fingers crossed for you
x
Honey

Postby JaneJ » 29 Jul 2015, 10:55

Fingers crossed Liz,

Thinking of you

x
JaneJ

Postby chenrezig » 29 Jul 2015, 16:55

Thank You all ... no news as yet .....................

xxx
chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 31 Jul 2015, 18:29

Has a surprise today, got a call from another agents -l'lady apparently told the old ones she was taking the flat off the market ... Called lettings bit to find out what was going on ... she has got another agents and has apparently given them instructions to push it as an investment, so the new lot came round to do pics ... a viewing next Friday.

The new lot asked to view on Thursday, reminded them had already told them I was working, asked to do a Sat -had already told them I couldn't -have extended viewing times from after 3pm to 7pm Mon and Fri as long as people are accompanied.

Viewed a flat myself this morning -not far from the one I am in now. It is £25 a month more than my current rent, plus I would have to pay another £60 from my current elec supplier to get card meter changed to an ordinary one -all the heating - heat and hot water is electric. Mind it is a lovely flat just redecorated ... I am in a quandry now, do I go for that if I am okayed (not yet paid referencing fees which are a whopping £198 as they are only doing them if landlady decides she wants me as a tenant - apparently she likes to meet prospective tenants first). Or do I stick it out .... ?

I know only me can make the decision but any thoughts most welcome ...
chenrezig

Postby maureenho » 31 Jul 2015, 22:06

That's a tricky one Liz as the flat sounds really nice, but thinking in the long term the extra cost of it being all electric may prove a bit expensive and with the rent being £25 more per month.

goo@@@@ goo@@@@ goo@@@@
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Honey » 01 Aug 2015, 00:00

Honey

Postby chenrezig » 01 Aug 2015, 06:17

Mo, that's what I have been thinking too, thank you for your sage advice...

It really was a lovely flat apart from the money ... I want to keep what is left of what I still call "Dad's money" for my future not that there's a lot left after nearly five years looking for work -I have to try n save for my old age with the way things are going care wise ...

I looked at it on paper again this morning and over the year it would be the same as having a £25 monthly pay cut and I really can't afford that, I really want something with gas central heating as it will be much warmer and cheaper too ..
chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 04 Aug 2015, 17:51

Quick update..

I didn't get the flat - she wanted someone who was working full time - mind neither did the other two people who were.

Had to change the viewings time for the flat I am in, don't think the new estate agents were too happy as a viewing had been booked this Friday, and they wanted to do some more when i rang them.. The reason - I have been offered another 18 1/2 hours work on a temporary basis! Most likely just a few weeks, but better than bothing eh?
chenrezig

Postby maureenho » 04 Aug 2015, 21:18

All Those viewings must be getting on your nerves Liz, hope it gets sorted soon.
Good news you have some extra hours work.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Honey » 05 Aug 2015, 00:59

Stay strong and positive Liz
h###u
Honey

Postby chenrezig » 05 Aug 2015, 05:07

Thank you both, I keep reminding myself "All will be well" .... (Mother Julian - incidentally I work just up the road from her church where her cell is), an don't worry about soemthing you can't do anything about, but if there is something you can do something about then do it
chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 07 Aug 2015, 17:37

Oh cripes! Feeling a bit "panicky" for want of a better word.

The lady who came to check out the flat tonight wants to buy it to live in. ARRRRRRGGGH!!! She liked it, go so far to say she seems really keen on it, and she has had a look at 5 other flats so far, I am hoping she doesn't get it. On the plus side a flat has come up with the lettings agents I am with and I have left a message on the answer machine that I would like to view it asap.

Going to try to do my best now to have some tea and unwind... not sure how well I shall sleep ...
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 07 Aug 2015, 18:32

Liz I would read the post that Maureen posted on your rights.
They must give you time to sort yourself out.
Try to stay calm, it will all be OK in the end
Xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 07 Aug 2015, 18:50

Try not to worry Liz, sometimes these things happen for a reason.
Hope you get a viewing soon and that it is exactly what you want.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby chenrezig » 07 Aug 2015, 19:18

Thankyou both, times like this I don't like living by myself, no -one to talk things over at home, a bit of moral support. I don't like bothering people but so relieved I have Chill to "talk to". I shouldn't feel sorry for myself especially with Debz having to move house and looking after her dear Mark and the worry over Dudley

I tell myself what will be will be.

I have had a good read of Mo's advice, and unless I find something I really want I am going to sit tight. It is just that sometimes it gets to me, I am going off to do some knitting now ...

PS I think the lady will be silly unless she has plenty of money as the flat really needs central heating installed,plus proper insulation in the loft. Plus the chap underneath who is a bit odd - playing his guitar this morning at 3.15am -only a string and only for a very short while, every several weeks, Then there is the lady opposite me whose son has ADHD, quiet a lot of screaming and yelling from him on occasions, but that i don't mind at all.

PPS I heard a few days ago that my old house had been sold again -it is looking very smart now, with new windows, painted all around the door and 2 lovely hanging baskets -it had started to look a bit dilapidated and I felt really sorry for it, glad it has some new owners who will look after it.

Much love and hugs to all

Liz xxx
chenrezig

Postby Honey » 07 Aug 2015, 23:34

Thinking of you Liz.
Glad the page on your rights has helped.
Hoping all turns out well for you.
x
Honey

Postby chenrezig » 30 Aug 2015, 14:40

JUts my luck things happen at the weekend ... I just popped out for a cuppa in the city and got the 1.30pm bus in, got home3.25pm to find a "SOLD" sign up, nthing on it about subject to exchnage of contract.

No idea who has bough the flat. Tried calling Abbott Fox who are selling agents but couldn't even leave a voicemail, phoned my letting agent and at least they have a voicemail and left a message asking them to phone me asap...

It has been taken off the Abbott Fox website.

Can only wait n see what happens ... no point worrying .. what will be will be ...

Liz xx
chenrezig

Postby maureenho » 30 Aug 2015, 15:15

And it's a long weekend, that is really bad of them to not inform you when it was sold, by law they have to give you 2 months notice, but lets hope they have brought to let so you can stay there.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 30 Aug 2015, 15:54

I hope it all works out for you Liz, try not to worry Liz, as Mo says you do have rights as a tenant
annie

Postby chenrezig » 30 Aug 2015, 16:01

Crikey, that was quick Annie lol only just replied to Mo... yup I have phoned up Shelter for advice when it for went up for sale back in May ...
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 30 Aug 2015, 16:35

Xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to When life gets tough and GOOD NEWS