[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - my daughter got the atos dla form today

my daughter got the atos dla form today

Moderator: Global Moderator

my daughter got the atos dla form today

Postby Honey » 24 Aug 2014, 01:23

any suggestions welcome please on filling it in
x
Honey

Re: my daughter got the atos dla form today

Postby wendy » 24 Aug 2014, 08:22

oh dear Honey, my heart goes out to you
My suggestion is get help from CAB or a disability group near you, ask them to come to the house.
Do not attempt to fill it in on your own.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 24 Aug 2014, 08:32

Honey, having had to fill in an ESA form from ATOS when I had pneumonia a few years back, I can only second what Wendy has said, please get some help to fill this in from CAB or a disability group.

Plus when you do send it back get it sent registered so they can't say they didn't get it, or got it too late. The free "proof of posting" from the Post Office just proves you sent something to a particular postcode. If you send it registered means someone the other end/ATOS has to sign for it, and if you have any problems, you have a name that you can say signed to say they got the form.

Liz
chenrezig

Postby annie » 24 Aug 2014, 09:14

Welfare Rights helped us last time, don't try and fill it without help Honey as the wording is crucuial
annie

Postby maureenho » 24 Aug 2014, 10:06

I agree with everyone else, get help filling the form in and like Liz say send it registered signed for.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sheila-Anne » 24 Aug 2014, 13:58

I had help from Age UK to help me fill in some forms, and a friend of mine helped me with some other forms as she has a disabled son and is used to completing them.CAB are really good if you can get to them.  Good Luck xx
Sheila-Anne

Postby Honey » 25 Aug 2014, 00:57

tha22222 everyone for your replies.
I am unsure who to ask for best advice.
I have to deal with this as usual.
my daughter is not a service user.
if she is refused dla would I loose my carers allowance also.
I know appeals take a long time.
we need a home visit because, its so difficult to predict how she will be on a certain day .
has anyone here had a home visit from them.
Honey

Postby wendy » 25 Aug 2014, 07:59

yes, many times
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaneJ » 25 Aug 2014, 18:03

We always get help from the CAB. We wouldn't attmpt it on our own.

Definitely get proof of postage and also take a photo copy so you know what you put and can read over it before meeting with them.

thinking of you and feeling your stress.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JaneJ

Postby Honey » 01 Sep 2014, 00:40

tha22222
will I lose my ca if they stop her benefit.
even if taken to appeal.
would I get back payment if proved she is incapable of work.
I cant make appointments and promise to keep them as it depends how things are on a day to day basis.
that's why I need a home visit.
Last edited by Honey on 01 Sep 2014, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Honey

Postby maureenho » 01 Sep 2014, 10:17

You can only get CA when the person you care for gets DLA

The person you care for must already get one of these benefits:

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) daily living component
    Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - the middle or highest care rate
    Attendance Allowance
    Constant Attendance Allowance at or above the normal maximum rate with an Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, or basic (full day) rate with a War Disablement Pension
    Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)

https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JaneJ » 01 Sep 2014, 15:13

My CA was back dated when we won our appeal last time.

we also got a home visit after a lot of fuss and doctors letters.

Thinking of you both x  gpr
JaneJ

Postby Honey » 01 Sep 2014, 15:49

tha22222
x
Honey

Return to When life gets tough and GOOD NEWS