[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - scaffolding

scaffolding

Moderator: Global Moderator

scaffolding

Postby wendy » 24 Jun 2014, 12:56

I am having to get quotes for scaffolding for the back of my house.
I have no idea how you buy this, it is a nightmare.
do they loan it by the week? or what.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: scaffolding

Postby JaneJ » 24 Jun 2014, 14:52

I don't know Wendy. Company's have always bought their own when we have had work done
JaneJ

Postby maureenho » 24 Jun 2014, 15:16

My thoughts are the same as Jane, whoever is doing the work would organize scaffolding through a scaffolder they regularly used.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 24 Jun 2014, 15:30

this was with a small local man, who lives very close, and has done work for me before.
But I am fed up with everything at the moment, so I am considering different options.
I have had enough of having no money.
I am not going to rob a bank, so please dont worry about me.
But I feel a bit better, now I have done something positive.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sandy4 » 24 Jun 2014, 16:17

A small local man, or anyone who works on that type of work should know who to contact and should do that not be  leaving it to the householder. 

va++++
sandy4

Postby wendy » 24 Jun 2014, 19:34

thank you for your advice, it made me realize. I have never had to arrange scaffolding before, I doubt I would be able to anyway.
I expect you have to give some sort of insurance.
I have decided to go about this in another way.
At last the guttering people got back to me and they are coming to mend the guttering that has been leaking water for weeks.
The other work is painting and sealing the outside walls, as one side is very badly perished.
It has made me poorly, and I was sick and had diarrea, and then I have slept.
I am now drinking liquid.
Living on your own, does have its advantages when you are poorly.
good night
xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pamella » 24 Jun 2014, 20:13

Am so sorry you have been poorly with the worry.  Do hope everything will work out fine very soon.
Pamella
pamella

Return to When life gets tough and GOOD NEWS