[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge

Moderator: Global Moderator

The Rainbow Bridge

Postby wendy » 22 Jul 2006, 08:29

I was looking for the Rainbow Bridge poem and came across this.
It made me cry.

Last edited by wendy on 22 Jul 2006, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Rainbow Bridge

Postby wendy » 22 Jul 2006, 08:38

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 22 Jul 2006, 08:42

Remembering my dear Tibby who died on Friday four years ago.

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ceefirr » 23 Aug 2006, 19:20

thanks for that I miss my old cat  wallace who died last year he was a loveable rouge
ceefirr

Postby sallysunshine » 24 Sep 2006, 16:12

The Rainbow Bridge is beautiful and I firmly believe I'll be reunited with all the dogs I have owned.  Last week, on Wednesday 13 September, my beautiful greyhound, Sally, went to sleep for the last time.  She was 12 and had got so weak she could only walk a few yards before resting.  He legs were giving up on her, and she couldn't control them properly.  She was still happy and enjoyed her last visit to our walking area - we just stayed on the grass by the car park and she said "Hello" to all her human and canine friends (she had many!).

When the vet came to our house Sally got up and welcomed her.  Then she lay down and while I stroked her and talked to her she gently and peacefully went to sleep. 

A month ago I took a beautiful photo of her while she was watching my other dog having fun, and I have had the photo put on a mouse-mat.  Every day it makes me smile when I look at the picture of her.

At the same time last week my husband deteriorated badly and cannot do anything.  I'm finding it hard and there have been a few tears, but remembering how cheerful and happy Sally was during her last few years when she had many health problems, she gives me the courage to remain positive.

Love to all - Sue
sallysunshine

Postby Honey » 12 Dec 2006, 02:15

I wrote a story about my very very special friend who crossed the rainbow bridge 4 yrs ago next Jan 15th.
If I get time and the guts I will post it on here .

marie
Last edited by Honey on 12 Dec 2006, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
Honey

Postby wendy » 12 Dec 2006, 09:54

So sorry Marie, we are always here for one another and anytime you want to, put a message up and someone will try and get back to you asap.
hugs
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Honey » 27 Dec 2006, 02:13

Thanks.
Ive missed her so much this christmas. (silently)
Just a cat, but such a very special cat.
Honey

Postby wendy » 27 Dec 2006, 10:35

I send you a hug as Christmas is always a difficult time for memories.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 13 Jan 2007, 16:35

I am looking forward to reading your poem.
x
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Honey » 14 Jan 2007, 03:23

Its not a poem wendy, its a story.Maybe a book one  day.
On Monday its her anniversary. I cant share it yet.
Do you see posts that are posted then deleted?
Honey

Postby wendy » 14 Jan 2007, 11:01

I think I know what you mean lol
No I am not able to read posts that are deleted.
Are you thinking of deleting it then after you put it on.
Don't be afraid.
Go for it.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Honey » 15 Jan 2007, 03:00

Maybe in time wendy.
Today my best friend left me 4 yrs ago and crossed that rainbow bridge at 3.45 pm. All alone.
After 20 yrs of her unconditional love I let her down just when she needed me the most.
I had to accompany my caree to an important  college exam because their special needs dept hadnt the staff available. 
I had to choose whether to stay to help my darling honey die alone or see to my caree.
The guilt has never left me.
There is a red rose in full bloom in my back yard now.
Only one.
Honey used to pee underneath it.
Honey

Postby wendy » 15 Jan 2007, 10:31

Dear Marie,
Sometimes things are out of our control and you should not feel guilty.
You gave her a wonderful life and this is what it would be best if you could focus on.
Remember the happy times.
What a sad day for you today, I will be thinking of you.
I believe that rose is a gift for you to ease your pain.
love
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sandy4 » 26 Dec 2007, 16:00

And Wendy I am not ashamed to tell the world that watching it I cried also. 
sandy4

Postby wendy » 15 Aug 2008, 14:17

I am crying my eyes out
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 26 Apr 2009, 09:29

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maggie » 30 Dec 2010, 15:39

The Rainbow Bridge is a lovely place where we  know that our beloved pets are happy and enjoying the never ending sun and life there, our Emma went there on 12 th March 2010, but she left something else precious behind for David and I to love,, her little boy Fidget,, so dont ever be  ashamed to cry  and dont feel guilty, because you gave them the love and security while they were here, and now they have got that same security and love no rain no snow,, only sunshine plenty of food,, lovely green grass to romp about on,, and plenty of playmates,, love you all lots,, Maggie xx
maggie

Postby Honey » 31 Dec 2010, 01:38

than999
x
Honey

Postby Hal » 31 Dec 2010, 08:03

than999
Hal

Postby GinGems » 31 Dec 2010, 09:00

This is lovely... I've had many pets over the years and although I remember them all fondly and look at their photos there is just one that it broke my heart into a thousand pieces to lose, my dog Buster (Rottweiler) who on bank holiday monday May 25th 1992 had to be put to sleep as he'd deteriorated too much with the brain tumour, he'd always been a lovable and trustworthy old gentleman yet a big kid at heart, the kids would dress him up and he loved it, I still cry and miss him whenever I see his photo, but I'm so thankfully to have had all that time with him and the kids occasionally still talk about him, he certainly was my bestest friend/dog and yes I wish I could have him back here... it would be great if we get to meet up with our pets again though I guess little Oscar will boss old Buster about lol
GinGems

Postby annie » 31 Dec 2010, 10:24

The Rainbow Bridge site gave me such a lot of comfort when Scarlett and then Poppy died in the last 12 months, I just hope I will not be visiting it again this week for Boris
annie

Postby vc5en » 12 Apr 2012, 19:31

I cried too - it's all just too raw yet.
Marie x
vc5en

Postby wendy » 08 Feb 2016, 11:52

this is beautiful
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Light a Candle, Hugs and Remembrance