Please sign petition for free/concessionary travel for carer

This is a Public board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Please sign petition for free/concessionary travel for carer

Postby wendy » 25 Jun 2017, 14:28

I have created a petition on change.org campaigning for free/concessionary travel for carers that i would appreciate you getting behind and showing your support.

The proposal is that the government take the initiative to offer free / concessionary transport for carers to allow them to better care. This could be possible either through adapting the the concession and companion card which currently allows the carer to travel with the cared for but not seperately which in most cases is needed or through some form of add on to carers allowance for those in receipt of it though preferably carers wouldn't need to be in receipt of carers allowance as not every carer who could benefit from this travel are.

My petition has currently reached over 1600 signatures and is being backed by my local council's petition board (Renfrewshire Council), in lobbying the Scottish Government to provide free/concessionary transport for unpaid carers.

Some other supporters of my petition include; Cosla, The coalition of carers, Carers UK, Enable Scotland and many MSP's.

Any support you show would be truly appreciated.

The link below directs you to my petition. I would truly appreciate your signature and if you could encourage others by sharing it on your social media pages.
https://www.change.org/p/free-concessio ... -our-right

Kind regards
Amanda Macdonald
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Carer to Carer, help and advice