21st November is World 'Hello' Day

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

21st November is World 'Hello' Day

Postby maureenho » 21 Nov 2013, 11:18

Bonjour! Ola! Ciao!

World Hello Day 21 November 2013  g23s g23s g23s

The purpose of World Hello Day is simple: to promote peace all over the world, and bridge barriers between every nationality!  The day began in 1973 in response to the conflict between Israel and Egypt and since then over 180 countries have taken part in the event.

Taking part couldn't be easier.  All you have to do is say hello and give a good day greeting to at least 10 people you meet!  Of course this can be family and friends, but be brave: reach out to strangers (as long as you're in a public place and they seem friendly enough!) and people in the street.

Maybe there's someone you've secretly been wanting to take the courage to talk to ... if they end up giving you a strange look in return, at least you have World Hello Day as your excuse!

We can only ever achieve a peaceful world if we join together.  And forming bonds with new people is the best way to do it!  The key is communication and showing our world leaders that we should try to create peace through talking - not through being violent to one another!

In preparation for the day why not learn how to say hello in several different languages by going to this website - then you can be sure to get your message across no matter who you meet!

http://www.national-awareness-days.com/ ... o-day.html
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 21st November is World 'Hello' Day

Postby Jeanne » 21 Nov 2013, 14:53

Thankyou for this posting. I do try and smile and say hello to at least one or two people when I am out. Some people ignore you, but others give a lovely smile back, it makes my day. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Re: 21st November is World 'Hello' Day

Postby wendy » 21 Nov 2013, 15:18

what a lovely idea
Hello, hello, hello
I will shout this in our shout box
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to On this Day, Poems, Games and Chat