[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - 6th November is National Stress Awareness day

6th November is National Stress Awareness day

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

6th November is National Stress Awareness day

Postby maureenho » 06 Nov 2013, 12:52

National Stress Awareness day

Stress affects us all, and no more so than in the workplace. The chemicals, adrenaline and hormones which build up in our systems in response to the pressures of everyday life have no way to dissipate in our modern lives, and the effects of this can be serious enough to cause significant physical and psychological damage.

Stress Awareness Day aims to promote awareness of these particularly modern challenges, and to aid individuals and organisations in changing behaviours and lifestyles which may lead to excessive stress.

http://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/stress-awareness-day/

How stressed are you?

Stress is part of everyday life and can be beneficial. But high levels over a long period can be seriously bad for our health.

The following test has been created with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy for National Stress Awareness Day. It has been designed to help you spot symptoms of stress and find out how well you are coping with the pressure of everyday life.

Take the stress test      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24756311
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 6th November is National Stress Awareness day

Postby Jeanne » 06 Nov 2013, 13:27

My daughters and grandsons are always telling me how stressed they are. Maybe it is just the pace of life nowadays. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby annie » 06 Nov 2013, 13:51

Thanks for this Mo. I am feeling  a lot less stressed since I did the Carers wellbeing course, so am managing it better and since joining the Carer's Choir, the singing definitely helps
annie

Postby daisy » 06 Nov 2013, 15:52

gpr  Is the Carers Wellbeing course an on-line course Annie?  It's good that it has helped you - I sure could do with some help there myself.  The fact that I cannot leave Jimmie for long enough to attend activities away from the house means life is not good for me at present.  Daisy
daisy

Postby JaneJ » 06 Nov 2013, 16:12

Mmmm.... 31 out of 32  may be a little stressed!!
JaneJ

Postby chenrezig » 06 Nov 2013, 16:43

If i had done this when I was looking after dear dad there may have been days when it was 33!
chenrezig

Postby annie » 06 Nov 2013, 16:56

I did the course with 10 other carers and a facilitator but our Carers Contact  now offer it on line , it is excellent., it may be worth asking about in your local area Daisy.
annie

Postby daisy » 06 Nov 2013, 18:25

gpr  Thanks for that info Annie, I'll try to find out about that  xx
Daisy
daisy

Return to On this Day, Poems, Games and Chat