We are Chill4us carers, Not Norfolk Carers

Moderator: Global Moderator

We are Chill4us carers, Not Norfolk Carers

Postby JaneJ » 28 Apr 2016, 17:59

Dear Tim,

I am writing this as an open letter to you so all the chillers can let you know how we feel about your "proposal".

Wendy set up this for many years ago and has dedicated her life to helping carers. We all found her and our chiller family here on Chill4us carers. I think it is insulting and disrespectful to her that you could even think about this.

We are not all Norfolk residents. Chill has far passed the boundaries of just that area. It is a national carers forum, helping so many carers who need friendship, company and support. Wendy created a unique place for us. There is nothing else like chill that can give us what we all need and want.

If you swallow us all up under your umbrella, vulnerable, desolate and lonely people will have nowhere to go. We have built up a family over the years. You have no right to break us up. Things that we have helped each other through would not have been possible under any other forum. We have shared private and difficult problems that we haven't even told our family or friends as we know that here we are safe and understood. wWe know we will receive love and support not judgment. The life of a carer is hard enough without taking away our sanctuary and distraction from our daily difficulties.

You have tried to underhandely dupe wendy and the managers into a contract that is not what you what you proposed. No one would have agreed to make the changes that you suggest and would not of allowed you access to our sanctuary.

This is our home and we will not be moved.

Jane
JaneJ

Re: We are Chill4us carers, Not Norfolk Carers

Postby pamella » 28 Apr 2016, 20:11

I am on the South Coast and been a member for a long time. "Chill4Us" does not discriminate your area . It is for carers all over the UK. If it came under the umbrella Norfolk carers, would people think it would be for just that area?

Pamella
pamella

Postby Honey » 29 Apr 2016, 01:15

This mustn't happen.
Chill must continue as it is.
Wendy has been chosen to receive her MBE for what she has done and continues to do for us all.
x
Honey

Postby chenrezig » 29 Apr 2016, 06:16

Well said Jane, Pam, Honey .. I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I have been a member of Chill since 2007 when I was looking after my dear late Dad. The support and friendship of fellow "Chillers" helped me get through many a "dark day".

Re being not all Norfolk residents is very true, if memory serves me right, for a period we even had a lady living in Holland as a member. Caring knows no boundaries.

I am a firm believer of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", Chill ain't broke and doesn't need "fixing"

Liz
chenrezig

Postby Rosalind » 29 Apr 2016, 08:24

I agree with what everyone has said, leave our chill alone. It is great the way it is and has helped a lot of carers all over the UK and further a field. Wendy , Ross and the trustees have done an excellent job, how can you destroy all their good work.
Rosalind

Postby annie » 29 Apr 2016, 08:37

Well said Jane ( and everyone else).

Tim, I was horrified at your proposal. It has made me really angry. Chill has been a lifeline to me over the past few years and it has supported my over some really difficult times. The help and friendship I have received has been invaluable. I would be lost without it. Norfolk Carers is no use to me , as I live in Lancashire.
Chill works well & as Liz said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
annie

Postby maureenho » 29 Apr 2016, 13:35

The problem is now that we know NCF have done the dirty on Chill4us, who would be willing to give up their time to run Chill that is the question now as it doesn't run it's self.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 30 Apr 2016, 08:06

The problem is that I am not well enough to continue to run this forum, with all the fund raising work it entails to find the money.
Tim has not been on Chill since April 4th so he will not have read your kind messages.
If you wish to write to the President this is the address.
Dr Ian Gibson,
Norfolk Carer Support,
Charing Cross Centre,
17-19 St John Maddermarket,
Norwich
NR2 1DN

Thank you for your support.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 30 Apr 2016, 15:42

please can you email me if you have contacted Dr Gibson Their President?
It is all left to you now, I feel that I have done enough as I am able to do.
support@chill4us.com
thank you
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Announcements, Good Mornings, etc