[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - How things are

How things are

Moderator: Global Moderator

How things are

Postby wendy » 28 Apr 2016, 16:45

I have had some sad news today and I thought I should share it with you.
The meetings that our trustees and Ross and myself have had with Norfolk carer support have always told us that chill would remain for all of us but would be run by ncf.
Today I have had it in writing that there intentions are to close chill down and take our members to their new website for Carers in Norfolk.
If this is what you would like then please let me know.
Or otherwise I will set up a completely private Facebook group.
You can imagine we are all upset and are hoping to hear what you would like us to do to stay in touch.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How things are

Postby annie » 28 Apr 2016, 16:53

I am very sad to read this, but more than that I am angry that we have all been misled, by the new admin. I feel for you and Ross, all the years you have put into this fantastic website & it is about to end, but ,at least you can be proud of what you have achieved with chill & computers for carers over the years. It has been a pleasure to be part of it for the last few years & I shall miss it dreadfully.xxx
annie

Postby wendy » 28 Apr 2016, 17:06

Dear Ann
Thank you for your kind words.
I will not let you down but of course if anyone feels that chill should close down then I will not be offended.
But please let me and your trustees know what you would like.
There is no rush, I know this may be a shock to all of you.
I have not handed over chill so we need your thoughts, and of course you can always contact Tim through chill to say what you want.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 28 Apr 2016, 17:10

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 28 Apr 2016, 17:15

Thank you Maureen
Maureen and Ann have joined the new fb group.
I will leave it to you to let me know or Tim
It is a completely private fb page.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 28 Apr 2016, 17:35

Quite a shock ... I feel let down by them, all the hard work you Ross and the trustees have put in trying to secure the future of Chill.
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 28 Apr 2016, 17:37

Thank you Liz I am so sorry this has upset you.
Xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaneJ » 28 Apr 2016, 17:39

This is disgraceful and underhanded!!!!

I am furious.

How dare they make out they are being kind by taking over after all your hard work and continuing when all they are trying to do is swallow us up under a new system that is NOT CHILL 4 US CARERS!!!

talk about duped and conned.

I certainly do not want our chill to shut down.

Come on everyone let us make our thoughts and wishes known!!!!

x
JaneJ

Postby Rosalind » 28 Apr 2016, 18:19

I am shocked to read how we all have been let down by Tim and NCF. I certainly do not want chill to close.
Rosalind

Postby JaneJ » 28 Apr 2016, 18:35

i have started a thread on this please can everyone make their thoughts known?

Thank you
xxxxx
JaneJ

Postby irenee » 28 Apr 2016, 19:51

Please keep our chill going Wendy we don't need others
I am with you anything I can do to help. love Ireneexx
irenee

Postby pamella » 28 Apr 2016, 20:51

Was really surprised about this , not seen anyone from this other group use Chill.
Chill4us is for all carers over the UK , whereas Norfolk Carers would be for that area only.

Pamella
pamella

Postby Honey » 28 Apr 2016, 22:04

I agree with everybody else, I don't want to loose Chill either.
I cant print what I think of them for causing you all this distress.
I wouldn't give them the time of day never mind the site after this.
Keep strong, I am sure things will work out ok .
Ps, Would I have to join FB in order to keep in touch if chill does close down? I would prefer not to .
x
Honey

Postby maureenho » 29 Apr 2016, 15:14

It would mean you would have to have a FB account but it is a 100% private group and by invitation only.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 30 Apr 2016, 12:35

I am pleased some of you have accepted the invite for our fb page.
If you wish to stay in touch then it is best that you do this asap.
Until we hear what is happening things are precarious for us.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaneJ » 30 Apr 2016, 21:41

I love our new fb group. If ncf continue with their plans there will be a special place for us to be and keep our friendships xxx
JaneJ

Postby Honey » 01 May 2016, 01:02

Sorry, but I am not joining FB.
Thank you for doing this for the members who wish to join Wendy.
I will miss Chill and everyone here.
Stay strong and positive everyone.
x
Honey

Postby wendy » 01 May 2016, 08:14

I understand Honey and you will be greatly missed, but it is the only way that I can keep everyone in contact who wishes to be in contact, that is free of charge and will not cause me any work.
We are still not sure what is going to happen, but at least there is a safe place for you over on the secret site of facebook.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 01 May 2016, 14:17

I hope you will write to their President to explain what Chill means to you.
I cannot email all our members as yet, until I hear more of what is to happen.
But I am so glad that so many of you have joined our secret and private fb page.
I thought it was for the best.
Thank you but please write your letters and let me know if you have written. I cannot do it on my own.

Tim has not been on Chill since April 4th so he will not have read your kind messages.
If you wish to write to the President this is the address.
Dr Ian Gibson,
Norfolk Carer Support,
Charing Cross Centre,
17-19 St John Maddermarket,
Norwich
NR2 1DN

Thank you for your support.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 01 May 2016, 15:42

Chill is now up to you.
It is in your hands.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 03 May 2016, 19:21

I am waiting to hear from Norfolk carer support before I contact all our members and tell them about our Facebook page.
However, I want to ask you something.
We have some very active supporters of chill on twitter and other social medias.
Would you like me to invite them to our secret group or not?
I am not sure if you want to keep it for yourselves or would you like other Carers and friends of chill for many years to join us.
Please let me know.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Honey » 04 May 2016, 00:32

Thank you Wendy for doing your best for all of us.
You really do deserve your award.
its a shame that Chill will have to close now after all you have done and been recognised for it.
Cant any of these 'active supporters' on twitter and other social media sites help to save our Chill?
x
Honey

Postby annie » 04 May 2016, 07:57

I don't see why these people cannot be invited as long as the group stays private
annie

Postby wendy » 04 May 2016, 08:01

Good point honey.
I have written to many important people and was thinking of putting something on twitter but my feelings are if they joined us and saw what we are like that would maybe help.
I am doing my very best to keep the forum for us but the fact is I cannot continue to run it.
I thought Norfolk carer support was the answer, but it looks like we have wasted seven months.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 04 May 2016, 12:20

Wendy
Firstly apologies for any confusion and all untoward distress you have experienced following the meeting you attended on the Norfolk Carers website. I have explained a number of queries you had in a separate email.

To clarify the situation following our phone call this morning.
In summary
1. At this time, the Norfolk Carers service is not a viable option. Norfolk Carers is a service brand name delivered by the Carers Agency Partnership which Norfolk Carers Support leads tied to a specific service specification.
2. Norfolk Carers Support has not changed its position on being prepared to facilitate and manage Chill4Us through a link on its website and as a stand-alone site as originally discussed with you and your Board.

However if you do not feel this provides you the guarantees you require it is reasonable for you to retract your position and to look at other options.

Sincerely
Tim

Tim Allard
Executive Manager
Norfolk Carers Support
T: 01603 219924
M: 07933270119
www.norfolkcarerssupport.org
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Next