Some "excitement" on the way home tonight ...

Moderator: Global Moderator

Some "excitement" on the way home tonight ...

Postby chenrezig » 22 Feb 2016, 18:54

For those of you who know Norwich the bus had got to the bottom of Kett's Hill when the driver stopped on the roundabout. There were a load of flashing blue lights coming towards us from the left from Barrack Street. Our first thought that it was something to do with the courts as they are just a little way from the Hill.

A police motorcyclist held up the traffic on the roundabout while another one flew past and up the hill, another one was coming along in front of a big black expensive looking Daimler with a big 4 x 4 behind it. It whizzed past us, but with the heavy tinted windows in both cars we couldn't make out who it was. The bus followed the 4 x 4 up the hill, the 4 x 4 had a scrolling light display in the rear window that said "Police...keep back ..." By the time we got to the top of the hill it had dissapeared and we assumed as traffic was solid due to rush hour it had diverted through Mousehold, a large wood.

We got to the Tesco store not far from where I get off and a little old lady got on and was telling us all about the convoy, so I figured out it must have been making for the ring road and up to the airport. I think it made her day -if I see her again I will tell her who it was as it will make her day I think ... ?

I watched Look East tonight and found out who it was ..... Prince Charles ! He had been visiting The Welsh Guards at Swanton Morley. They showed the limo in the background

That'll be something to tell them at work tomorrow ... I wanted to share it with my friends in Chill first ...
chenrezig

Re: Some "excitement" on the way home tonight ...

Postby wendy » 22 Feb 2016, 20:25

Thank you Liz
And to think I missed him arriving here at the airport.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 22 Feb 2016, 22:15

What an exciting bus ride home.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rosalind » 23 Feb 2016, 01:37

That was exciting Liz, definitely something to talk about.
Rosalind

Postby chenrezig » 23 Feb 2016, 07:25

I was checking my Twitter this am, and found out he was visting St Mary's Works near Duke Street in Norwich, a building restoration project. That explains the odd route he took from Swanton Morley, I was thinking it would have been far easier to stick to the outer ring road and go clockwise rather than cut through the city in the middle of rush hour.

Mind our bus driver was a bit cheeky as he followed the police in their 4 x 4 past the queue of cars that were backed up from the road works at the top of the hill, then pushed his way back into the queue at the top. I would have been well chuffed if I had been in one of the cars.. on the other hand maybe they thought all the royals were on the bus on their way to Sainsburys at Thorpe !

I should have given the royal wave .. which reminds me of another story when I was still with Norwich Door-to-Door. Coming from Costessy along the bus lane past a long line of traffic one of our lady passengers waving as you would do if you were EIIR... the bemused looks on the drivers faces as we went past lol lol lol !!!
chenrezig

Postby annie » 23 Feb 2016, 11:37

Does you good a bit of excitement!
annie

Return to Announcements, Good Mornings, etc