Good morning, good afternoon January

Moderator: Global Moderator

Re: Good morning, good afternoon January

Postby JaneJ » 08 Jan 2016, 09:38

Morning all,

Sam and I had an amazing day. The show was breath taking. We had a fabulous time going round London. Sam hadn't been to Libertys or Harrods before so we had to pop n and seehow he other half live!! We got home at about 10.50 last night.
I was woken this morning with coissants in bed and was blessedwith some lovely birthday cards andgifts. \i feel very pampered.

Lovely day here. I am taking Lee for a scan on his shoulder shortly then we have the dentist later!

Thinking of you all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JaneJ

Postby annie » 09 Jan 2016, 09:56

Good morning, it is grey and pouring down. Going to have a long soak in the bath this am, having a painful day.
Hope you have a good day
LOve anniexx
annie

Postby wendy » 09 Jan 2016, 10:32

good morning,

I gave out a free laptop to a carer today. He is a carer for his son with mental health issues.
Nothing else planned for today, it is sunny here so I am doing washing.
Ann I hope you feel much better soon.
love
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 10 Jan 2016, 11:27

Good morning, it is bitterly cold, the hills are covered in snow already.
Been to church this am, & making roast chicken for tea
Hope you have a good day
Love anniex
annie

Postby wendy » 10 Jan 2016, 15:31

I went to Blickling today and saw some wonderful sights which I wanted to photo for you and of course my phone needed charging.
I saw hellibores, primroses and snowdrops, and rhodedendrons. The perfume from some bushes was beautiful.
I saw witch hazel in full bloom and honeysuckle. The sun was shining so it was extra special.
I had a home made meat pie and potatoes and cabbage and then bread and butter pudding with custard.
I am stuffed.
Getting ready to watch War and Peace tonight.
love to all
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 10 Jan 2016, 16:43

Good afternoon, it's been a bright but cold day here, I have been doing my painting this afternoon and learning myself how to paint a water drop.
Sounds lovely Wendy seeing all the flowers and plants, my neighbours tree has already started to sprout new leaves.

6-== 6-== 6-==
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 11 Jan 2016, 10:14

Good morning, it is bitterly cold and the hills are covered in snow. I am going to aqua-aerobics this afternoon. No other plans as yet.
Sounds like you really enjoyed Blickley yesterday Wendy
Painting water drops is difficult Mo, can we see some of your work?
Hope you have a good day
Love aniexx
annie

Postby maureenho » 11 Jan 2016, 11:07

Good morning, what a miserable day it is, non stop rain r987

I've watched a few videos on youtube on how to paint water drops, I will keep practicing till I master it.
I'll post a couple of my pictures.

6-== 6-== 6-==
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 11 Jan 2016, 16:44

I have seen Maureens pictures and she should be very proud, you are going to be knocked out by them.
Today I had British Gas come and replace the major part which they put in last September. I had known they were coming for over a week, but the noise my boiler was making made me want to scream.
I cleaned out half of my wardrobe this morning and going to do the other half another day.
Annie I am thinking of you swimming, it will be great, my daughter was going to go to her local pool.
love to everyone
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 12 Jan 2016, 10:17

Good morning, it is really cold but we have some blue sky peeping through - most welcome sight!!
I have got my date for seeing OT for my splint and assessment and also for my day surgery for my steroid injection . Just hope I get some relief from it. Just general chores to do today
Hope you have a god day
Love annexx
annie

Postby maureenho » 12 Jan 2016, 14:19

Good afternoon, bright and quite cold here today, have had a stressful morning, pulled the washing machine out to disconnect it as we are having delivery of a new one tomorrow and the water connection tap decided to leak and water everywhere, my husband tried but struggled and couldn't get old one off, his hands shake to much these days, so in desperation we phoned his brother and he came to the rescue, had to buy new connector, all fixed now thank goodness, am shattered now.

Hope the Steroid injection works Annie, my husband is having one in his shoulder next Thursday.

6-== 6-== 6-==
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 12 Jan 2016, 15:26

yesterday around 4pm, the road men came to my road outside, and they worked all through the night, with flashing lights and bumps and bangs. There has been no activity today but it is clear they will be coming back. I felt sorry for the people whose houses were right against them, and I also felt so sorry for the men. It was pouring with rain, and it is a dangerous road, and they did not have traffic lights.
I went into the city today and bought a new three quarter length coat filled with duck down and feathers. It is rainproof and has a hood as well. It was reduced from £200 to £35.
I am well chuffed.
well keep warm, it looks like it is going to be cold.
love
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 12 Jan 2016, 15:29

It is good to see a new member posting in the shoutbox and saying hello.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 12 Jan 2016, 20:30

The road men are back and the work is nearer my home.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 13 Jan 2016, 09:03

Good morning, another cold and grey start. I have washing and cleaning to do & this afternoon , I am going for a massage and visualisation session, courtesy of Carers Link. Hope you have a good day
Love anniexx
annie

Postby wendy » 13 Jan 2016, 09:28

http://www.eastlancscarers.org.uk/
they look very active.

I am going for a face massage this morning and then seeing the doctor this afternoon.
I have stripped my bed because it is a lovely day for washing.
love
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 13 Jan 2016, 14:17

Good afternoon, lovely bright and sunny but feels icy cold out, my new washing machine has arrived, just got to try it out now,
I have a few daffodils out, there will be none when it's spring.

6-== 6-== 6-==
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 14 Jan 2016, 08:51

Good morning, it is cold and grey. I have washing and shopping to do this am & going to choir this afternoon. I am looking forward to that , it is the first session since before Christmas.
Hope you have a good day
Love anniexx
annie

Postby wendy » 14 Jan 2016, 16:45

I am feeling very cold and rather sad after the funeral today. Hundreds of people were there and they even had the Church Choir in the Church.
It was bitterly cold.
love to all
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 14 Jan 2016, 18:27

Good Evening all..

I did something really daft today and didn't get any lunch apart from some biscuits from the office "stash".

I picked up what I thought was my packed lunch to put in my bag this am. When I went to get it out at lunchtime I thought it felt a bit heavy, I found out why when I opened it -it was a lump of cheese !!!

I had wrapped both the cheese and my lunch in silver foil and had grabbed the wrong one. I did debate about having the sandwiches for tea but I got so cold at the bus stop waiting for the bus home I had some lasagne.

Never mind, I will take it in tomorrow for the swans, I am sure with this cold weather they will eat all they can get. Just meat paste but it is in brown bread...

Could have been worse, I once worked with someone who mixed up their Tesco's bags - they got to work to find they had a bag of.. wait for it .. USED cat litter .. their lunch had gone in the wheelie bin lol
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 14 Jan 2016, 18:35

What a shame Liz. Don't they have a cafe at wensum lodge any more?
Last night I watched a film with Alan rickman in. So it was a shock today to read he had died.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 14 Jan 2016, 20:51

They do have a cafe there, but as I was leaving off early as I had to go in all day yesterday I decided to save my money.

So I have something hot tomorrow I have put some hot choc in a tupperware box to mix up, and two cuppa soups

It was a shock to hear about Alan Rickman, when someone told us in the office we all went WHAAAT? We couldn't believe it..
chenrezig

Postby annie » 15 Jan 2016, 09:01

Good morning, deep frost here today, but some blue sky peeping out now, most welcome. Going to Pilates this am, meeting Linda for lunch & some shopping and ironing to do, another day taken care of !!#
Love annixx
annie

Postby annie » 16 Jan 2016, 12:08

Good morning, it is absolutely freezing this am, I can't get warm, it is minus 3 here, I have a big pile of ironing to do, that will soon warm me up.
Hope you have a good day#Love anniexx
annie

Postby annie » 17 Jan 2016, 11:41

Good morning, it is a chilly start here with almost 3 ins of snow & more forecast for today. Been to church this am, uplifting service!! Debs and I are going to brave the snow & try a walk this afternoon. Making roast chicken for tea. Hope you can stay warm
Love anniexx
annie

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Good Mornings, etc