Windows 10

Moderator: Global Moderator

Windows 10

Postby chenrezig » 25 Dec 2015, 09:18

I was reading through a copy of "Computer Active" in W H Smith's yesterday and it had an article about Windows 10.

Apparently as people are not downloading it, MS have admitted they are going to "slip" it into essential downloads/updates so if you have your pc/laptop etc set up to automatically update, you will be getting Windows 10 downloaded whether you want it to or not. Anything that runs 7 or 8, or 8.1 will have Windows 10 automatically installed on it. it. This is supposed to happen early 2016.

Some of the automatic updates look to see whether the pc/laptop etc they are being loaded to is able to be updated to Windows 10. In some cases Windows 10 installation files have been installed - a whopping 6Gb !

For more info either check out a hard copy of "Computeractive", or if you like me can download free magazines via your library account please check it out.

For my part I am happy with 8.1 .. would have been happier with 7 ..it's my laptop, I should be able to decide what I have on it ..shades of Big Brother ?

MS Windows 10 as far as I am concerned is a Bah Humbug sm9
chenrezig

Re: Windows 10

Postby annie » 25 Dec 2015, 10:16

That's a bit naughty!

I inadvertently downloaded it On my new laptop ( or did it arrive with an update??? really don't know! & it took some getting used to), still have a lot to learn about it, but I now love it.
annie

Re: Windows 10

Postby maureenho » 25 Dec 2015, 11:01

Thanks for that info Liz, I don't want windows 10 till I have to when win 7 is unsuported, I'll set my updates to ask me first, it's bad of them to assume you want it.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements, Good Mornings, etc