Isn't it awful on your own?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Isn't it awful on your own?

Postby wendy » 27 Sep 2015, 15:41

I like my own company and I usually am ok, but after being poorly and Ross is away on holiday for two weeks, I feel really alone.
It is so lonely, and yet I know how lucky I am to be home , also my neighbours are on holiday.
I expect some of you are lonely because of your caring role, so I know I am not alone.
I went to the seaside this morning, and it is the longest I have driven for several months.
It was beautiful and families were sitting on the beach. Lots of people spoke with me, which was really nice.
I am looking forward to the tv tonight.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Isn't it awful on your own?

Postby maureenho » 27 Sep 2015, 17:02

Sometimes you can be in a room full of people and feel quite alone.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 28 Sep 2015, 07:54

I have luckily never had that problem, because I soon get chatting to some one or other but I do know the saying.
I was on my own as a child so I don't know why I feel like I do at the moment.
One of the things maybe because I have no brothers or sisters, or aunts or cousins.
My aim in life was to get married and have children, which I achieved and then never had a minute to myself.
I always dreamed of sharing someone in my later life and all of you took that place for many years, but now things are changing for me, I got a bit down. I miss having someone to share every day chatter with at home if you live alone.
I will son get over this, but wondered how you feel.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 28 Sep 2015, 08:08

It is hard to think rationally when you have been ill & it makes you feel down.
xxx

Although my husband is still here, I still feel I am on my own as I have to make all the decisions & then I get the blame if it goes wrong. I only have 2 friends left because of his nastiness & family are all reluctant to visit , because if they disagree with him, they are then banned from the house forever, he bears grudges . I often think I would love to be alone, at least I would have some peace
annie

Postby maureenho » 28 Sep 2015, 10:10

I sometimes feel alone even though I have my husband here, I lost touch with friends and family all the years caring and having no time to socialize, my daughter was my life and miss her so much.

I'm lucky that I have my brother and a cousin and a couple of very good friends.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sheila-Anne » 28 Sep 2015, 16:56

I've just got back from a weekend away visiting my cousin and now I feel really lonely. I came home last night - she has a son still living at home and an older son who lives in Nottingham. We went to see him yesterday. Not having had any children I really feel it when I come back to the empty house. Today I had a counselling session this morning then a friend came to see me and she turned into a slave driver - I told her I want a tidy home and don't know where to start, so she got me started. Feeling shattered now - never tidied up so quickly. I am really glad I have hobbies, and go to craft groups every week, but I do understand that it's not always possible to get out with friends if you are caring for somebody. I started going to a new group last week and one of the ladies there was a carer for her husband, and she said what a treat it was to have some time away for herself, and I can relate to that because of my time as a carer for Paul
Sheila-Anne

Postby JaneJ » 28 Sep 2015, 18:29

I too feel lonely a lot and yet I have Lee and the girls,

the loneliness is like yours Annie, i get very jealous when I see happy couples holding hands or supporting each other. That was what I hoped for like you Wendy to have a happy busy family.

I think illness excentuates loneliness as it's the vulnerability of the situation too. Then your family being away you felt so isolated. One of the many reasons I treasure chill. There is always someone here to listen and support.

thinking of you all my special friends

xx
JaneJ

Postby wendy » 29 Sep 2015, 08:13

Your thoughts have helped me a great deal. This beautiful morning, there is even a kiss in the sky made by the RAF pilots flying high in the sky.
I am not going to feel sorry for myself any more after your kind words, but I am looking forward to the exciting things that are going to happen for me and for all of us in the future.
enjoy the kisses in the sky, they are for you.
xxx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Announcements, Good Mornings, etc