Postby wendy » 31 Dec 2014, 17:34

hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Good morning, good night January

Postby annie » 01 Jan 2015, 09:20

Good morning & happy new year to you all hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee
Sadly, I still have the runs & nausea but at least the stomach cramps have abated, just pondering whether to risk a slice of toast, as haven't eaten since tues.
Hope you all have a good day
Love anniexx
annie

Postby maureenho » 01 Jan 2015, 11:29

Good morning, a mild new years day here which is a nice change from the frost we've had recently.

Hope you feel better soon Annie.

hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JaneJ » 01 Jan 2015, 11:46

hsdeee ne90 hsdeee

Happy New year to you all,

It is very weird seeing January in the title!!!

Sorry I haven't been in before now. Busy week (as usual) and also the last few days of having Sam. I took them ice skating on Tuesday. It was brilliant. Liv set off like a pro (never ice skated in her life!!) Sam and I averaged 15 mins a lap whilst clinging on to the side like limpets!! it is terrifying being jostled and bumped by toddelers on skates who might I add are whizzing round like they were born on skates!!!The humiliation!!

had my niece last night so somewhat exhausted today!!! she has glue ear and in a lot of pain with it so a disturbed night sleep to say the least!!

I hope you feel better soon annie. Apparently ready salted crisps and FLAT regular coke is wonderful and settles your tummy quickly. My mum swears by it.

I hope 2015 is kind to you all.

Huge New Year hugs

xxxxxx

ne90 hsdeee ne90
JaneJ

Postby Sheila-Anne » 01 Jan 2015, 13:14

hsdeee hsdeee

Hope you soon feel much better Annie. I've also been told about flat coke settling tummies, so probably worth a try.
I was supposed to go to my SIL's today, but when I woke up after yet another lousy night, I felt so tired I decided to stay here and not bother to get up or do anything.
This is now the beginning of a new chapter in my life - living on my own (with Honey of course) but without my darling Paul. We've been practically joined at the hips for the last 21 years, so I'm struggling to get my head around everything, which upsets me a bit. I have lived on my own before for a year before I met Paul, and that wasn't too bad, but this hurts. Anyway enough of my moaning. Happy New Year to you all xxx
Sheila-Anne

Postby Misspears » 01 Jan 2015, 13:40

hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee To All Chillers

Good Afternoon It is raining here,going over to see my friend for a cuppa to celebrate the New Year
Annie hope you feel better soon
Sheila thinking of you

hsdeee hsdeee hsdeee

Love Ann x
Misspears

Postby maureenho » 01 Jan 2015, 13:49

Sheila how did the meeting at hospital go the other day, your life will change dramatically now Paul is going into residential care, not just emotionally but financially as well.

Thinking of you, hope you soon feel better.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rosalind » 01 Jan 2015, 17:15

hsdeee hsdeee
We have a very strong wind here, nearly got blown away, when I went out for a paper.
Hope you are feeling better soon Annie.
Rosalind

Postby Sheila-Anne » 01 Jan 2015, 17:58

The meeting I had the other day went well, the lady was lovely and she showed me all the notes the nurses had made on a form re the assessment, but she wanted to talk to me because I know Paul better than anybody else. She has now got to take all the info in front of a board to put Pauls case to them for Continuing Health Care. If the board agrees with her - they should fund it all completely, if not I will have to contribute something - depending on where Paul goes, because nursing home fees vary so much. He really needs a nursing home rather than just residential care home because they need qualified nurses in case he has any more bad fits, then they will be able to deal with it immediately. After she's been to the board, we have a meeting with the board and me & Paul. They are keeping Paul in hospital until he gets a placement. They are going to let me choose where he goes - they will give me a list of homes suitable for me to go and look at. Just playing a waiting game now!
Sheila-Anne

Postby maureenho » 01 Jan 2015, 18:07

Thanks for letting us know Sheila, the NHS continuing care can take a about 4 weeks before a decision is made, try and find a nursing home convenient for you to visit Paul, I had to go through all this for my late mum finding good Nursing care, I know of one you can try that cared for my mum when you start looking.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 02 Jan 2015, 09:23

Good morning, it is grey and windy, feel a little better today as nausea has abated but still have the runs and now have a racking cough , headache and sore throat. Bill has now stated with d&v too. The year has got to get better!!!
The meeting sounds very positive Sheila, thankyou for keeping us updated
Hope you have a good day
Love anniexx
annie

Postby JaneJ » 02 Jan 2015, 11:15

Morning all,

Glad things are getting sorted positively sheila. it must be so hard for you so sending lots of h###u

Maybe Annie, you are having this at the beginning of the year because so many wonderful things are lined up for you all year that you won't have time to be poorly so getting you prepared now!

off to town with my girls. sam needs supplies for uni. she leaves first thing Sunday so not looking forward to it. we have had such a wonderful time together but this time it feels she is really going. Sounds weird I know.

Hope everyone is has as easy day as you can

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

h###u h###u h###u h###u
JaneJ

Postby debzsanderson » 02 Jan 2015, 12:01

Hello everyone. I feel my dark cloud lifting now everything is back to "normal". I have come out today for the first time in ten days and it's a lovely feeling! Hope everything is sorted quickly for you Sheila- will be thinking of you and hope you find somewhere nice and continuing care is sorted out quickly.

hsdeee to everyone and good health and happiness xx
debzsanderson

Postby maureenho » 02 Jan 2015, 13:19

Good afternoon, not to bad here weatherwise, I'm trying to shake off a headache today, I don't often get them but when I do I know about it, glad all the holiday fuss is over and normality in the outside world resumes.

We've delivered another free laptop to a carer in Norwich today.

hsdeee hsdeee
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby daisy » 02 Jan 2015, 16:06

Good afternoon folks

Brrrr very cold, high winds, snow showers and I don't like it one little bit 09klj

Oh I really long for spring to arrive bringing some real daylight for a change 45'

Daisy xx
daisy

Postby wendy » 02 Jan 2015, 22:03

good night to you,
I am sorry for not being about, but I have my family staying with me for a few days.
Will tell you soon.
love
Wendy
xx
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 03 Jan 2015, 09:13

Good morn ing, another grey day, but no wind.
Had dreadful night coughing and blowing my nose, went through full box of tissues overnight, but at least no longer have the runs. No plans for today, but will need to lie low again.
Tried to order Boris Pills online this am & at the end it told me they had no prescription for him. I do hope they haven't lost it, as they owe me 300 tablet yet. tried ringing but closed until mon, Thwarted! will ring again then
No plans as yet another lying low day
Hope you have peaceful day
#Love anniexx
annie

Postby maureenho » 03 Jan 2015, 11:18

Good morning, another dull wet day here, everything starts back to normal next week with any luck,
not much happening here again.
Hope you feel better soon Annie.

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby daisy » 03 Jan 2015, 16:14

Good afternoon folks

Very cold here today - I popped out briefly this morning for milk, etc, but otherwise indoors. Christmas cards, etc., all gone now, nothing Christmassy to be seen except for the glitter that always seems to stick around for a while until the hoover eventually gobbles it all up sm9

Hope you will feel better soon Annie, and any others who are not too well at the moment. f4o33

daisy xx
daisy

Postby JaneJ » 03 Jan 2015, 16:49

afternoon all,

been spending the day packing Sam up. she bought far too much with her and we are struggling to get everything in!! I have bought a vacuum pack so hopefully we can shrink her clothes!!!

she leaves on the 9.40am train tomorrow so hankies at the ready. Liv is looking forward to having her room back!! They have had a great time together.

Glad you are on the mend annie, you will need plenty of rest ot get over it properly

Hope you are enjoying time with your family Wendy

Thinking of you all

xxxxxx
JaneJ

Postby Sheila-Anne » 03 Jan 2015, 17:17

Hi everyone, Annie, I hope you soon feel much better Sending you huge h###u for a speedy recovery x
I went and saw Paul this afternoon, but only spent about 20 minutes with him because he got so tired. He was quite chatty though, which made a nice change. After that I went to my friends for a coffee and had a lovely relaxed afternoon - it seems odd that I don't have to rush home for Paul now, but it is nice because I'm not constantly clock watching.

Jane I hope Sam gets off ok, and make sure you've got plenty of tissues - hugs for you too h###u

Tomorrow I'm planning to start painting the woodwork in the lounge - so looking forward to getting the room back to normal- and keeping it tidy!!!!
Sheila-Anne

Postby Misspears » 03 Jan 2015, 17:28

Good Afternoon Sorry I have not been on chill much don't know where the time as gone
Stan's arthritis as been playing up he is feeling sorry for himself
So pleased Christmas and New Year is over
Thinking of you all
Take Care
Lots of Love
Ann x
Misspears

Postby annie » 04 Jan 2015, 10:41

Good morning, it is bright and sunny with a sharp frost. I had a much better night, still feel rough, but the Actifed I got from the chemist has helped a lot, a & I am managing to eat a little now. Hope you have a good day
Love anniexx
annie

Postby maureenho » 04 Jan 2015, 10:42

Good morning, we had a very sharp frost overnight and temps below zero, sun is now out and thawing but not shifting in shaded areas.

Thank goodness this weeks start as a normal week.

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby daisy » 04 Jan 2015, 18:34

Hello folks

Frost has held all day but it was bright and sunny in the afternoon - so nice to have real daylight. It's going to be a few degrees below zero tonight - plenty snow in the Cairngorms so the skiers are pleased.

Thanks to Wendy I now have new password so that I can get into chat - looking forward to doing that when I get the chance later on.
daisy

Next

Return to Announcements, Good Mornings, etc