Ball raises funds for unpaid carers

This is a Public board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Ball raises funds for unpaid carers

Postby chenrezig » 06 Nov 2016, 15:24

http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/1 ... id_carers/

MeUnLtd hallowe'en masquerade ball raises vital funds

Glitz, glamour and masquerade masks were all the rage on Saturday night, October 29, when local community interest company, Me Unlimited, hosted their Hallowe’en Gala Masquerade Ball at the Westville Hotel to raise much needed funds for unpaid carers who devote so much of their time to looking after and caring for a loved one who is sick, frail, elderly or has a disability.

A representative, speaking afterwards, said: “Over 100 guests, most of whom are unpaid carers themselves, travelled from Kilkeel, Strabane, Omagh, Cavan, Fermanagh and even Downpatrick to attend the Ball and they weren’t disappointed as great food, a unique pamper hamper raffle, comedy entertainment with the legendary Gary Wilson, music by Paddy McDermott and Addiction the Band, made the night one to remember.”

The night raised £4,018 for Me Unlimited’s 13 charitable Me-Time Groups which are spread across Northern Ireland, and will be invested in a whole range of invaluable time out activities for over 250 carers on a weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis, including young sibling carers.

Noreen Kettyles, Founder and Chief Executive of Me Unlimited, thanked everyone for attending the ball, and acknowledged the support of the Westville Hotel, sponsors and advertisers as well as the carers who helped organise the event.
chenrezig

Return to Carer to Carer, help and advice